Personal Compensation Law

Northern Territory

For over 3 decades, our specialist personal injury lawyers in the Northern Territory have ensured our clients recover every last cent of what they are entitled to. Our advice will help you get back on your feet, with the compensation you deserve.

We offer personal injury compensation services in several states.

In the Northern Territory, our team of experienced lawyers can assist with claims involving;

  • Workplace injury;
  • Motor vehicle accidents;
  • Comcare;
  • Institutional abuse;
  • Black Lung;
  • Medical negligence
  • All other injury claims

We also offer expert advice in relation to disability and super. Superannuation and disability insurance matters, including TPD claims, income protection claims, death claims are managed in our Brisbane office where clients from across Australia are assisted.

Hall Payne knows that personal injury or illness can be extremely difficult both physically, psychologically and financially. We offer a suite of tailored services to make it easier to get help, including a free initial consultation, no win no fee, and home visits.

How do I know if I have a claim?

Most compensation claims involve the application of legislation or the common law, which is case law developed by judges, courts and tribunals, or a combination of these.

The best way to know if you have a claim worth pursuing is to get advice from a lawyer experienced in personal injury law.

What can I claim for?

Our expert lawyers will ensure that you recover everything you’re entitled to. Depending on the type of claim, you may be entitled to compensation for:

  • pain, suffering and loss of life enjoyment;
  • loss of past and future earnings and associated superannuation;
  • past and future hospital and medical expenses (including surgical costs);
  • ongoing or future anticipated rehabilitation and treatment expenses;
  • out of pocket expenses for items such as pharmaceutical, travel and equipment;
  • care provided by friends or family;
  • paid care and help, for example yard maintenance or nursing; and
  • home and vehicle modifications.

Every individual’s case is different. Your best course of action is speaking to Hall Payne about what compensation is right for you.

When should I make a claim?

Strict time limits apply to nearly all types of compensation claims. Your entitlement to compensation may be lost if you don’t make a claim in time. Know your rights and any time limits which may apply as soon as possible following your injury.

Hall Payne understand that this can be a very challenging time. Financial stress can make the situation overwhelming. The sooner a claim is started, the sooner you’ll receive compensation (and some peace of mind).

Can I represent myself in my personal injury claim?

You can, but an experienced lawyer is far more likely to get you the outcome you deserve. With compensation claims you are dealing with an insurer or compensation body whose goal is to keep your payment to a minimum. A lawyer who knows the area of law well, will know what you’re entitled to, and how to ensure you receive your full entitlement.

Hall Payne recommends you get an experienced compensation lawyer to represent you, or at the very least, to give you reliable advice at the outset.

How much will a personal injury claim cost?

We will provide you with a free initial consultation to discuss your injury and the circumstances in which it arose. We will provide an estimate of legal costs and the likely time frames that will apply to your claim.

If we consider you have prospects of winning your case then we will represent you on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.

Speak to one of our experts

1800 659 114

Or fill out the form below to request a callback...