Consent orders

Avoiding court is often at the top of everyone’s list after a relationship has broken down.

The best way to do this is with a consent order – an agreement that is then registered with the court to become a binding and valid legal document. Alternatively, but less frequently, a Binding Financial Agreement (after separation) may be appropriate.

Consent orders are reached by amicable agreement between you and you partner. They can include parenting and property orders and are a good option if you and your partner agree on arrangements for your children, or the distribution of your assets.

As consent orders are binding legal documents there are consequences if they are breached. This means they offer protection and certainty that you would otherwise get with a court order, without the stress or costs of formalising your agreement through court proceedings.

Our Consent orders Team

Speak to one of our experts

1800 659 114

Or fill out the form below to request a callback...