De facto rights

De facto property rights are now dealt with in the same court and under the same law as married couples.

You can make an application if you have lived with your partner for two years, had a child together, or either partner has made a significant contribution that would result in an injustice if it were not recognised.

If a de facto couple separates, a property settlement application must be filed within two years of separation.

Our De facto rights Team

Speak to one of our experts

1800 659 114

Or fill out the form below to request a callback...