Domestic violence

Domestic violence isn’t limited to physical assault or injury and may include damage to property, intimidation, harassment, stalking or indecent behaviour.

It includes deliberate action as well as the threat of these things. If you feel unsafe around your partner, you should seek help and consult police immediately.

If police are called to an incident at home or work, they may file a “domestic violence protection order” application.

If the police aren’t involved, you can fill out an application for protection at a lawyer’s office or at the local Magistrate’s Court. You may be granted a temporary protection order until the matter is heard.

Hall Payne can help you with this as well as provide legal representation for you.

Our Domestic violence Team

Speak to one of our experts

1800 659 114

Or fill out the form below to request a callback...