We are compensation lawyers for workers covered by the national scheme for workers’ compensation in Australia, Comcare. It covers Commonwealth Government employees as well as the direct employees of certain licensed companies.
If you are a not a Commonwealth Government employee or an employee of a company registered with Comcare, you will be covered by your state based workers compensation scheme.
Some current companies registered with the Comcare scheme include:
- Australia Post
- Wilson Security
- John Holland
- Toll Group Transport Company
The key differences between Comcare and most state-based workers compensation schemes are:
- access to weekly payments until normal retirement age if the worker has demonstrated ongoing incapacity;
- different time frames apply to make, respond to or appeal claims; and
- different types of compensation.
If you are injured, Hall Payne’s specialist lawyers will help you determine which scheme you’re covered by and give expert advice on every aspect of compensation.
Below, we provide a thorough overview of the Comcare system together with your rights and entitlements, including:
- What can I claim for under Comcare?
- When should I make a claim?
- How do I know if I'm covered by Comcare?
- I used to work in the public sector but don’t anymore. Can I still access Comcare?
- How long will my Comcare claim take?
- What if my Comcare claim has been rejected?
- How much will it cost to make a claim?
For help with your Comcare worker's compensation claim,
call 1800 659 114