To possess the ability to support people in their time of need by providing quality legal solutions is something I take great pride in.
Indi Gunadasa is an Associate at Hall Payne’s Hobart office. He joined Hall Payne in 2016, leading the Tasmanian practice.
Before joining Hall Payne, Indi was a solicitor at Hobart Community Legal Service, where he assisted vulnerable members of society.
"The individuals I helped were often some of the most defenceless and disadvantaged people in Tasmania. I believe that the law should serve everyone, not just those who can afford it."
During this time, Indi developed his ability to support people in their time of need by providing concise legal solutions that were simple yet effective in achieving their desired outcome.
Since moving to Hall Payne, Indi has continued to fight and stand up for individuals, acting for workers and trade unions in the:
- Fair Work Commission;
- Tasmanian Industrial Commission;
- Workers Rehabilitation Compensation Tribunal (Tasmania);
- Federal Circuit Court; and
- Federal Court.
Indi frequently travels around the state when representing individuals in various legal matters.
“We continue to contest for outcomes that make a genuine difference to peoples' lives”.
Indi assists his clients in multiple areas of law, including:
- employment law;
- industrial law;
- personal injury law;
- criminal law;
- defamation law; and
- general civil law.
Indi takes great pride in providing clear and structured advice to his clients with a clear timeline on how results can be achieved.
Indi focuses his practice predominantly in the areas of employment, industrial and personal injury law. Examples of his experience include:
- Representing workers and trade unions at the Tasmanian Industrial Commission in disputes relating to awards, enterprise agreements, long service leave and terminations;
- Acting for workers in the Fair Work Commission, most recently assisting a union to obtain successful unfair dismissal remedies relating to two workers sacked by TasWater in Nash & Jago v TasWater  FWC 3221;
- Frequently negotiating the settlement of complex personal injury claims with insurers;
- Representing workers at the Workers Rehabilitation Compensation Tribunal in various disputes with insurers and employers under the Workers Rehabilitation Compensation Act 1988;
- Representing a union and their members in a systematic underpayment of wage matter involving multiple workers underpaid, resulting in the successful recovery of wages, entitlements and penalties for contraventions of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
Indi also thoroughly enjoys conducting talks about workers’ rights and entitlements under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and the Workers Rehabilitation Compensation Act 1988, frequently attending workplaces, conferences, seminars and delegate training sessions.
Indi believes in the power of workers understanding their rights in the workplace and harnessing that knowledge to better protect their working conditions.
Reviews for Hall Payne Hobart
5 star review
Highly recommend Hall Payne Lawyers, Indi Gunadasa and the Team helped me with my case for 2yrs very supportive and Professional, Im very Happy with the outcome they helped me achieve.1000% will use them again if i ever need them. Thankyou to all Hall Payne Lawyers and administration team.
5 star review
5 star review
I cannot praise Leanne at Hall and Payne enough for all her hard work. Always professional and always kept me up to date, as soon as she had any updates, she was in touch. The outcome I got was better than the both of us had hoped for. Would definitely highly recommend Hall and Payne, always professional and hard working. Fantastic experience, and will certainly use them again when or if I need to.
Henry Pill assisted me with a change of employment matter. His professionalism, timely responses, clarity regarding issues and advice provided confidence and reduced stress. I highly recommend the services of Henry and Hall Payne lawyers.
I recently used Indi at Hall Payne and his service was outstanding. His knowledge and professionalism were simply second to none. Honest from the start and didn't leave any false hope. When it came to crunch time he came through with a positive outcome. I would highly recommend Hall Payne.
I highly recommend Hall & Payne to anyone needing legal advice and support. As legal jargon was quite foreign to me I asked for, and appreciated, honest advice about my situation. Henry & Leonie went above and beyond with their friendly and excellent service during an unexpected and difficult time in my life. Now that I have closure I look back with a sigh of relief that someone referred me to Hall & Payne.