Launch of the Hall Payne Lawyers Women’s Law Group
On Friday 17 April 2015, writer and comedian Catherine Deveny launched the Hall Payne Lawyers Women’s Law Group at the Fox Hotel with all proceeds from the night going to Women’s House, a feminist community organisation that works with women who have experienced violence.
Hall Payne Lawyers is proud that many of its practitioners have decided that they have a role to play in the advancement of women in our community and profession.
The Women’s Law Group of Hall Payne Lawyers exists to:
In our Community
- advance the status of women in the wider community;
- support the role of women in the trade unions whose members we represent;
- support the role of women in employment and industry through providing effective legal representation;
- support external women’s groups.
In our Profession
- advance the status of women in the legal profession;
- support the role of women in the legal profession;
- provide a forum to discuss and respond to particular issues women may face, or experience, in the legal profession;
- specifically address industrial relations concerns for women in law such as flexibility and paid parental leave.
The night was a fantastic celebration of the great work women do in the trade union movement and community sector and gave the women who attended a chance to connect with other organisations.
The Women’s Law Group looks forward to working with the attendees in the coming year to improve the lives of women in the union movement and broader community.